There are seriously no words.
We’re a mere 5 episodes into Sleepy Hollow and the level of discourse with this fandom is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced.
In all the recent press we’ve done I have been quick to point out that the creative team behind this show (both in front of and behind the camera) are what make it, without question, the BEST professional experience I have ever had.
But you people; I mean…
I’ve read a good number of the comments from my earlier post linking to the article about Teen Wolf. I found the feedback to be thoughtful, didactic, challenging and honest.
Although I’m not a writer for Sleepy Hollow I understand and am sensitive to the importance of our role as stewards of these characters that we are fortunate enough to inhabit. Television enters our homes as an invited guest that can connect, promote and inspire just as easily as it can perpetuate tropes, idioms and stereotypes that marginalize those voices that deserve to be heard. I am so blessed to be a part of a creative enterprise that showcases representations of POCs, women and minorities in ways that defy the norm. We’re far from perfect (as many of you have pointed out) but I’m glad we’re doing our part to elevate the game.
I’m loving this dialogue, even as I find irony in those who continue to lament my participation in the fandom because the foundational boundaries between audience and artist have been dismantled (4th Wall We Hardly Knew Ya). I think people sometimes misunderstand my intention and attention —
I would still be a rabid fan of Sleepy Hollow (and an active although more anonymous part of the fandom) even if I didn’t have the ridiculous good fortune to be on the show.
I endeavor to continue being an active listener with all of you, to maintain my unapologetic silliness in terms of what I post on the Tumblrs and the Twitters and most importantly to be an on-going and passionate part of the creation and evolution of one of the most bat-shit crazy and absolutely awesome shows on television.
Thanks for teaching me, for sharing your creativity with me and my colleagues and for caring enough to keep coming back.
I can promise you that the upcoming episodes of the show will make what you’ve seen so far look like child’s play.
That is all.
- timelords likes this
- iamtehzuul reblogged this from gunmetal-blue
- pistengyawa likes this
- saunterleftside likes this
- iamtehzuul likes this
- noblezou likes this
- kageha likes this
- lilwitch likes this
- wikipedianne likes this
- learnforlife likes this
- silencewhippersnapper reblogged this from theorlandojones
- hardchoice likes this
- sleepingfox reblogged this from theorlandojones
- macklemotions reblogged this from absolutelyiris
- macklemotions likes this
- stoprobbers likes this
- absolutelyiris reblogged this from theorlandojones
- herromeo likes this
- photovoltaicenergy likes this
- watashinosubarashiisekai likes this
- lydia-martin likes this
- holytardisbatman reblogged this from theorlandojones and added:
- redrahloo likes this
- thepiratejenny reblogged this from theorlandojones
- thepiratejenny likes this
- qtlove53 likes this
- krycha1976 likes this
- mapleglazed likes this
- natalieamor likes this
- vm73 likes this
- youlookthesame reblogged this from theorlandojones and added:
- so-unholy likes this
- roses-for-rose likes this
- iamtoooldforthismess reblogged this from theorlandojones
- liesandpropaganda likes this
- ahaze reblogged this from theorlandojones and added:
- peardita likes this
- cappuccinoandglitterpie likes this
- magpietime likes this
- negresse-intensa likes this
- abgushte likes this
- lemming5fe reblogged this from racebending
- topetine likes this
- mycornerofexistence likes this
- train-bat reblogged this from racebending
- goldenyonipetals likes this
- siobhanhawthorne reblogged this from abitaddicted
- minebellatilli likes this